Junior Pre-Season and Training Dates
Welcome to the start of the 2021/22 season at Ormond Cricket Club.
Subject to COVID regulations, pre-season training for the juniors is scheduled to commence on Saturday October 23, 2021. Unless
otherwise stated, all training will be conducted at the nets at E E Gunn Reserve in Foch Street Ormond.
Pre Season Sessions
The SATURDAY MORNING PRE-SEASON sessions will be a staggered start across the age groups:
- Under 12 Rookies - 8.45am - 9.30am (E E Gunn Reserve)
- Under 12* Players - 9.30am to 11am (E E Gunn Reserve)
- Under 14* – 10.30am to 12.30pm (The first half hour will be fielding drills) (E E Gunn Reserve)
Under 16*– 10.30am 12.00pm - Note the sessions are at Bailey Reserve - Nets behind GESAC on
East Boundary Road
* Age group based on players age as at August 31, 2021
Mid week training commences the week starting October 25 so players will train twice a week up to when the season starts on the weekend of
November 19 & 20.
- Under 12 Teams (Hard Ball) – Mondays – 5.00pm to 6.30pm at E E Gunn Reserve Nets - Foch Street Ormond (next to railway line)
- Under 12 Rookies (Semi Hard Ball) - Thursdays - 4.30pm to 5.30pm - E E Gunn Reserve
- U16 – Tuesdays – 5pm to 6.30pm at E E Gunn Reserve Nets (and players can stay on and train with the seniors)
- U14 - Wednesdays 5pm to 6.45pm at E E Gunn Reserve Nets
- Under 12’S – Saturday Mornings 8.45am to 11.15am (1 Rookie Team on Sunday mornings)
- Under 14’s – Friday Evenings 4.30pm to 7.30pm
- Under 16’s – Friday Evenings 4.30pm to 7.30pm
Registrations have closed for junior players.
Master Blasters and Junior Blasters remain open for registration.